Monday, April 29, 2019

Remember this post from 1.5 years ago?

Remember this post from 1.5 years ago?  Where I brought Dorothea to participate in our 1st Aid/CPR training because school was on a 2-hour delay for some silly reason?  Of COURSE you do - it was so memorable.  Well, yesterday at dinner she started choking on a piece of steak.  We were at a friend's house (the same friends where my husband got the poison ivy from my last article!  I'm sensing a disturbing trend...) 
Anyhow, my husband was outside, I was at the fridge looking for the shredded cheese with the friend's dad.  Dorothea immediately recognizes choking, runs over to the fridge, pushes the dad out of the way, makes the sign for choking, turns her back to me, and I begin doing the Heimlich.  After a couple thrusts, the blockage becomes dislodged, and she starts gagging, coughing and finger sweeps HERSELF to get it out.  Afterwards, she was pretty scared and was shaking from all the adrenaline, The other dad said "It was over before it started!  It's like you all practiced that or something!"  I guess at Weyerhaeuser, we kinda do...

No comments:

Post a Comment