Monday, March 11, 2019

Wear your PPE

When I had vision correction surgery back in 2002, it'd been after basically a lifetime of wearing glasses. Even when a kid my parents at least got the safety lenses for my otherwise standard glasses.  It's not a substitute for proper PPE, but for things like mowing, using a saw and other activities where particulates might get stirred up, it was good enough we thought.  When I didn't need glasses anymore, I realized how many things I did where eye protection was a good thing. 

This article is someone that had to go to the eye doctor when just using normal glasses when goggles were needed. 

Don't Be Like Me: Wear Protective Gear When You Wrench

As a note, I see that proper prescription eyewear that is appropriate PPE does exist if you wear glasses and don't want to have goggles over glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment